Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Small Gestures"

I've had a few good days with my Art work - more Bazola, a commission for a wedding present painting based on my 'Beautiful Spirit' design, orders for new 'Wabi Sabi' jewellery from a local gallery 'Art on Cairncross', and 3 small completed paintings on canvas which I have titled 'Small Gestures'. I am very happy with these 3 and I hope to create many more of this genre - launching them in  the Main Street Gallery [Montville] Christmas show.
These latest paintings are created from the 20 metres of fabric which was exhibited last June at the Lucas Parklands sculptural show. They are only 200mm square on stretched canvas. Many more to come!

10 comments:

  1. ~be still my heart...sigh...such beauty in the simplicity of using blacks and white yet it creates a powerful statement and exquisite pieces of art...you are filled with a natural gift to move people by all you create...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful mark making. I learn so much from you Noela. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments ladies - your support means a lot to me xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such expressive line and mark making-- so loose and brave and free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. N- Gopod to see that you have had the time and muse to do these little numbers. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small gestures that make my heart race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your 20 meters of fabric. So beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and thanks to the blokes for the great comments as well - most encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete