Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday present

My daughter in London turns 23 in this week, so time to make something nice for her, 'tho it will probably be a week late by the time it gets to her.
I have been enthralled with the recycling of old chains into new necklaces - seeing as the long dangly bits are in fashion at the moment, I am in my element.  Adding personal bits of crystals, bone beads, antique glass, all adds to the story. I even found a 9ct crocodile articulated charm that I have joined onto the chain :)
...this is a close up I have played with in photoshop - just a bit of fun and a break from the L brain computer stuff...
...packed in the box, ready to go...
I love that this piece can be worn in so many different ways - as Fiona says, lots of fun fiddling and playing to get the right look.
Nothing 'new' went into this piece, although I did go to the local opshop and buy $20 worth of old chains.

8 comments:

  1. N- I think about all I can say, in the words of some bard, is holy toledo. N - that sure is some complex intertwined collection. It works; but I do hope it comes with a wearer's manual. I hope E with be excited with its uniqueness and the love and creativity you have put into it. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do you think I have gone a bit OTT, Baz?? Unfortunately, she likes SIMPLE jewellery - oh well, can always recycle again if it makes it home from London [or better still, I can wear it]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Long, dangle-y chains aren't normally my thing, but you've made a convert of me with this piece. If your daughter sends it back, let me know. I'd love to give it a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on, Jennifer - but I could always make you another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is sooo complex and clever Noela. How could she not love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- very impressive, this wear-it-any-which-way necklace. how you came up with this is beyond me, but your daughter is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jingles and jangles.. chains and links.. so many combinations-- very fun and creative

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea to fiddle-fun! I think it works so many ways that in amongst it all there will be found the perfect style. Happy Birthday E,!

    ReplyDelete