Friday, January 8, 2010

ALaW

My friend, Fiona, and some of her calligraphy friends have stated ALaW [a letter a week] and they have kindly allowed me to join them. I have often thought of doing 'a drawing a day' or some such thing, but have not been too keen to commit myself. After much deliberation re the style of lettering to explore, I have decided to go with what I know and love - wabisabi and computer design enhanced photography. The universe was with me, as after making my decision, I immediately saw the letter 'o' - soooooo oooooobvious, and easy peasy!!

After taking the photo, I decided to set myself a bit of a challenge. I will use this lovely old wooden box with its peeling paint as the source of all of my letters.

I have 6 that stand out immediately, and with minimal 'photoshop' editing I will find another 20. I will do my best to disguise the changes. I'm not sure how the presentation will work, but I have 6 months to worry about that.

1 comment:

  1. ALAW is a full-service real estate law firm that represents the mortgage industry, including the nation’s top
    financial institutions, throughout the loan life-cycle
    from securitization through origination and asset reclamation http://www.alaw.net click and see!

    ReplyDelete