Saturday, December 5, 2009

WABI SABI JEWELLERY


I have a couple of jewellery tasks to attend to this weekend. One of my neck pieces was in an exhibition tittled 'Water from the Moon' earlier this year in the Brisbane City Square Library. It was subsequently sold through 'Art on Cairncross', one of our fabulous Sunshine Coast Hinterland galleries. I need to adjust the neckband so that it sits comfortably on a very slim neck.


This is the piece in question. It is made from a beautiful piece of moss agate and silver plated tubes and beads. It represents the moon reflecting on the water over our spectacular Lake Baroon. The lake was a sacred aboriginal site and still retains the magic.

The other project is to make a pair of turquoise earrings to match a neckpiece sold to a friend earlier this year. The first step -selecting  the feature beads from my stash of turquoise.

In the end, I made three pairs of suitable earrings - I like to have plenty of choice for my clients, and I always was a bit of an overachiever!





No comments:

Post a Comment