Monday, November 23, 2009

JEWELLERY

I am going to Brisbane tomorrow to take some jewellery to a gallery I found in Fortitude Valley.  I love the selection I am taking - my favourite wabi sabi series. They were in the Noosa Regional Gallery shop and were selling well until I was swamped by some fabulous competition! Time for a new outlet. It is always hard 'putting yourself out there' as an artist.





These earrings are made with teabag tissue, watch parts, freshwater pearls and silver plated wire and beads. I rarely use sterling silver because I want my jewellery to be affordable and not too 'precious'.





The neckpieces are made from antique barbed wire, hand fabricated rusty wire, 'Picasso' stone, dyed teabag and silverplated findings and stainless steel wires.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Noela

    They look gorgeous and I hope they do well in Brisbane - the eternal quest for distribution!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete