Sunday, January 17, 2010

Eumundi Galleries

Last Friday, my friend Christine and I had a fabulous 'Gallery Crawl' day. We had planned to go straight to Noosa to check out the Ranamock glass exhibition at the NRG, but we detoured to Eumundi to see what's happening there. It is a wonderful little haven for artists and we found six art galleries, all with quality work. Maybe I need to move to Eumundi! As of the end of this month, we will have only two dedicated art galleries in Maleny, and neither in the main street.
The Red Desert Gallery is in a lovely old building with an amazing range of indiginous works. Paul was really friendly and allowed me to photograph the worm eaten wabi sabi floor boards. I san see a painting coming up!



My favourite was The Gallery, Eumundi. This used to be the Francis Reilly Gallery. They still have Des Rolph's work which I love, and Rowley Drysdale, who is always inspirational for mixed media artists. Steven and Karen are the 'new' owners and they have opened up the historic building even further. Steven was a perfect host, enthusiastically chatting and explaining and sharing IT knowledge with us. We even ran into an artist friend, Elizabth Corfe who added to the incredible 'coincidences' the universe is throwing my way at the moment.

As my friend, Ken Munsie said to me the other day 'When one door closes, another door opens'. Yes, I am ready for a new door to open - another idea for a painting.
P.S. The glass exhibition was wonderful and we did some window shopping in Hastings street. Christine fell in love with a beaded vest - on sale down from $3000 to $1500 - well, it WAS in the French Quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment