Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Artist Books and movies

I have been feeling very flat creatively this month but I have used my time to rest, watch some DVD's [the tennis and the cricket do nothing for me], and finish off some 'UFO' projects.
Our local video shop has 4 movies for $8 on Tuesdays, and I have a list of 'must sees'. I've enjoyed all of these so far. A real treat to snuggle up on the couch with a cup of tea and airconditioning.

Last June, my friend Jan from Melbourne was visiting and we went to Australia Zoo and the Bunya Mts amongst other things. We were enthralled by all the beautiful birds we saw so launched ourselved into book making and box making with birds as our main theme. Jan finished hers [of course], and now I am pleased to say mine are also finished.


Details of books:


I found this tin in a junk shop on the way to the Bunya Mts., so thought it appropriate to use it as a container for my books.




I find that these small book projects and the ALaW project are keeping me going while I wait for my painting muse to come visit me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment