Sunday, June 25, 2017

Monoprinting

I have joined the Maleny Printmakers group.
We have an exhibition coming up in September as part of a Regional Arts Festival [Art Street Maleny - HORIZON ARTS FESTIVAL].
The idea is to create editions of 10 of 5 different prints. As I am not a traditional printmaker, my work will be editions of monoprints, each one being slightly different.
The first series started as free transfer prints from a glass plate to paper, using lino block inks,
and checking composition with a correctly sized viewfinder.



I love creating tissue paper chine colle to use in my work, so I happily painted some greens and blues to enhance the landscape feeling.



By now there was a distinct 'glacial' thing happening, so I cut some stencils to print solid areas of flowing ice and snow, then scratched in a few lines to enhance the flow.


 A final selection of composition and framed ready to go.



2 comments:

  1. Quite the process Noela! great outcome and I hope you have fun getting ready for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. le résultat final est stupéfient ..c'est très beau!!!

    ReplyDelete